Turkey is a country famous for its historical richness, magnificent landscapes and natural beauties. One of these natural beauties is Turkish white marble. Quarried in various regions of Turkey, this special type of white marble is known for its purity and aesthetics and is considered an indispensable material for many famous buildings around the world.
Formation of Turkish White Marble
Turkish white marble is formed as a result of years-long processes of nature. Limestone deposits on the seabed are metamorphosed under high temperature and pressure. During this process the minerals recrystallise and form large, uniform grains that form the characteristic shiny surface of white marble.
Types of Turkish White Marble
Turkey is home to many different types of white marble. Here are some famous Turkish white marble types:
1. Afyon White Marble: Quarried in the Afyonkarahisar region, this marble is known for its pure white colour and elegant patterns. It is frequently used especially in interior designs.
2. Marmara White Marble: Quarried in Marmara Island, this marble attracts attention with the contrast between its elegant grey veins and white ground. It has been used in many historical buildings.
3. Denizli Travertine: This travertine, mined in the Denizli region of Turkey, is famous for its unique patterns that include different shades of white.
Usage Areas of Turkish White Marble
Turkish white marble is used in many different areas as it offers an elegant and sophisticated look:
1. Interior Design: Turkish white marble is used indoors for floor coverings, wall coverings, counter tops and stairs. It adds cleanliness and elegance to these spaces.
2. Sculptures and Works of Art: Artists have used Turkish white marble to create sculptures and works of art for centuries. The purity of white marble adds an aesthetic value to works of art.
3. Monuments and Historical Buildings: Important monuments and historical buildings of Turkish history were built with Turkish white marble. This type of marble has been preferred throughout history due to its durability and aesthetics. There are many marble historical artefacts from Anatolian history. In the Aegean region, there are many marble columns and statues from past civilisations.
4. Kitchen and Bathroom Designs: Turkish white marble is a popular choice for luxury kitchen countertops and bathroom countertops. Cleanliness and elegance are important in these areas and white marble meets these requirements.
Turkish white marble is a special natural stone that brings the purity and aesthetics of nature to interiors and structural designs. Found in various regions of Turkey, these marble types are recognised for their unique patterns and characteristics. Due to its elegance, durability and historical significance, Turkish white marble will continue to be a preferred material in both local and international projects.