QuickBooks Runtime Redistributable occurs when the Microsoft Visual C++ installation gets corrupted. This Microsoft Component program, which actually run the QuickBooks software, is set up on your computer immediately when QuickBooks is installed. To start the software over from scratch, you can uninstall and reinstall it. Redistributable packages in Microsoft Visual C++ are merely the library files required to run C++ programs created by Visual C++.
It is suggested that you reinstall visual C++ if it has been damaged or previously uninstalled. Please read the entire blog post because it discusses QuickBooks Runtime Redistributable and several related aspects related to it. It will undoubtedly help you to fix the issue.
Requirements for C++ Redistributable Packages:
Additionally, Standard C++, C Runtime (CRT), ATL, C++ AMP, MFC, and OpenMP run-time additives are installed via the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages. Supported Operating System and Server:
- Windows Vista with Service Pack 2, Windows XP, Windows 8, Windows 7 with Service Pack 1, and Windows 8.1.
- Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2003, and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
- 512 MB of RAM needed in terms of hardware.
- A 5400 RPM hard disc is required.
- CPU with a clock speed of at least 900 MHz is necessary.
- 50 MB of free hard drive space is needed at the very least.
- A video card that supports DirectX 9 and has a resolution of at least 1024 x 768.
In addition, KB2883200 is required for Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1 operating systems.
Procedure to install the Runtime Redistributable:
All of the files must be downloaded, and then installed. To do so, adhere to the directions below:
- Hit the Download button on the screen. After the download finishes, double-click the ‘.exe’ file, and then hit the ‘Next’ tab.
- Subsequently, hit the ‘Run’ button to install it right away.
- On the contrary, you can also choose the ‘Save’ button to install at a later time.
Solutions to repair the QuickBooks Runtime Redistributable
You can try the following solutions to fix the QuickBooks Runtime Redistributable:
Solution 1: Reinstalling or updating the Visual C++ Redistributable Package
It is fastest to update or reinstall the Visual C++ redistributable package to fix this issue. It will not only update all of the visual C++ components on your PC, but it will also enable your Office applications to access and use the necessary functions and files.
Solution 2: Uninstall and reinstall the applications that are causing the error
To remove and then reinstall the software causing the issue:
- Initially, hit on the ‘Control Panel’ in the ‘Start’ menu.
- Select ‘Add/Remove Programs’ from the drop-down menu.
- Look for the software that needs reinstallation.
- After choosing the software, hit the ‘Uninstall’ button next to the software.
- After restarting your computer, reinstall the application.
Solution 3: Clean the Registry:
If you want your computer to function properly, the registry needs to be updated as it is a major contributor to the ‘Runtime Redistributable Error.’
Your system regularly uses this part because it is extremely crucial. To correct any registry issues that may be problematic, it is recommended that you run a registry cleaning application.
The runtime redistributable in QuickBooks desktop makes sure that the QuickBooks software functions properly and that all applications that rely on QuickBooks libraries perform as intended.
Please feel free to get in touch with our QuickBooks technical support staff if QuickBooks Runtime Redistributable continues to face specific issues. You may reach us through a phone call 1-800-761-1787 or via the live chat option.